How many times have you written and rewritten a sentence or paragraph and wondered if it still made sense? Whether you are a writer, a publications director, or another gatekeeper for content, having an additional pair of eyes on your work can help ensure the accuracy, flow, and overall success of delivering your content to its intended audience. Having a professional editor on your personal team is one of the best investments that writers can make, and the importance of editors to the content process should not be overlooked.
Why Choose an Editor to Proofread Your Content?
All writers are taught to proof their own work before submitting it, but it’s also true that what makes sense to the writer does not always translate the same way on the page. Even while scanning every last word and piece of punctuation, small mistakes still often go unnoticed, affecting the overall quality and flow of the writing.
It is the job of the editor to put a fresh pair of eyes on the work and enhance content by:
- Identify and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes
- Optimize the flow of text, making it easy to read for the intended audience
- Fact check using reputable sources
- Collaborate with writers to strengthen their voices and help their vision succeed
- Develop writing in accordance with a variety of style guides
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and revision of content
- And more!
What to Look for in a Qualified Editor
Once you have decided to invest in an editor, oftentimes the better question is what kind of editor you should hire. The industry is packed with editors of all skill sets and backgrounds – which one is right for you? A qualified editor has:
- Attention to detail
- A passion for the written word
- A varied background and skill set backed by experience and reliable references
- Proficiency in Associated Press style as well as style guides that are industry and company specific, such as for court reporters and digital marketing
- A consistent, predictable schedule with exceptional communication skills
Why Choose James Hill Jr. as Your Editor?
In an industry full of unpredictable editors, James Hill Jr. is your reliable source for quality, accuracy, dependability, and skill. In his varied career as an editor and proofreader, James has worn multiple hats in the publication industry:
- Copy Editor: Correcting inconsistencies in spelling, grammar, and overall readability and flow.
- Publication Assistant: Proofing and correcting submitted manuscripts and larger volumes of work.
- Lead Content Editor: Optimizing marketing blogs for Search Engine Optimization in accordance with Associated Press and medical marketing style guides
- Court Transcript Proofreader: The accuracy of legal documents is key in court hearings and depositions, and James Hill Jr. has advanced coursework and training in proofreading for court reporters.
Contact James Hill Jr. today for dependability, consistency, quality, and accuracy you can trust.